Health is one of the greatest gifts from God, and it takes a lot of effort to maintain good health. It is very necessary because the body is the temple where your soul resides. Health and happiness are interrelated.
Food enzymes are catalysts that speed up the biochemical reactions in our bodies. If biochemical reactions in the body take place properly, good health is a guaranteed outcome.
A small list of enzymes present in fruits
- Pineapple contains a protein-digesting enzyme called bromelain, it has a powerful ability to break down proteins.
- Papaya contains an enzyme called Papain, which aids in the digestion of protein, it is used in food industries, for the tenderization of meat.
- Apricots contain a treasure-trove of enzymes, one of the chief enzymes called invertase, facilitates quick energy absorption by breaking down sucrose into glucose and fructose.
- Kiwi contains an enzyme called actinidin that breaks down protein, gluten, and gelatin.
- Avocado contains an enzyme called lipase, that breaks down dietary fat. Guava also contains a lot of healthy enzymes. If not avocado or kiwi, you can go for Guava as it contains oxidizing enzymes, namely, Ascorbic acid oxidase, Polyphenol oxidase, and Peroxidase.
How do enzymes work?
Lock and key model explains, that the enzyme has a specific place(active site) where the substrate fixes itself to form the temporary enzyme-substrate complex that further gives the final product.
Induced fit theory where during the formation of the enzyme-substrate complex, the enzyme undergoes a change in shape to fit the substrate and regains its original shape when the product is formed.
Substate strain theory
Here the substrate is strained due to the change in the shape of the enzyme, and this strained substrate leads to the formation of the product.
A synergy of induced fit theory and substrate strain theory explains enzyme action.
Application: Every food industry from bread to wine uses a specific enzyme for processing.
Around the world with food technology
The keto trend
Ketosis is a natural process that happens when you stop eating carbs. As a result, the ketone level increase in your body. In this, your body uses fat and proteins as fuel instead of carbohydrates. This is one good way to reduce your extra weight to eat fewer carbs and substitute with fat and protein. But it is not good when excess ketones accumulate in the blood. Be sure to get help from your Dietician before planning your keto diet.
Antioxidants for life
A combination of fruits will work as a superfood, plus it serves as a great source of free radical scavengers, that help you stay fit.
Stay fit, stay home, and stay blessed.
Enzymes for life
Motivation, encouragement, and kindness in words can work miracles as they speed up the soul, pouring a lot of happiness into it. If you can’t give anything, give hope!
An interesting piece of information
Bee pollen is a superfood, as it contains 5000 unique enzymes it helps in strengthening our immune system
Categories: Food technology