Coffee is the beverage without which our day is incomplete. There is a great debate around the world about whether it is healthy or unhealthy before I could put up my opinion about it. Today I am here to celebrate the international coffee day and, I can call myself a coffee person. In my childhood, I was not at all a coffee person.
I even remember an incident when my entire family, all my aunts and, cousins were in a hurry to leave for a long trip. My aunt said, even you must drink coffee today as you do not have any other option. I fought with her for saying that even though I had coffee that day, I always believed it was not tasty.
My opinion about coffee changed in my college days. I realized coffee eventually became my go-to drink when I visited my college’s cafeteria to drink a cup of hot steaming coffee in the Amul coffee shop.
My friend who usually gave me company in my coffee ritual asked me how come you did not write a post about coffee on your blog before a week and, here I am with the post.
Instant coffee processing
The roasted and ground coffee beans and mixed with hot water, the coffee extract is dried further to get instant coffee. Drying can be spray drying or freeze-drying.
Spray dryer sprays the coffee extract into the stream of hot air that dries the coffee extract into a fine powder.
The freeze dryer freezes the coffee extract into granules. The frozen granules are dried at low temperatures and under a vacuum. Freeze-dried coffee has a better aroma and flavor owing to mild drying conditions.
If you want to know more about the freeze-drying of coffee, you can read my post here.Everyday Energy
7 Reasons why coffee can be your health partner.
- Coffee boosts metabolic rate and helps burn fat.
- Coffee contains essential nutrients: riboflavin, manganese, potassium, niacin that adds up to your nutrient profile.
- Coffee contains different polyphenols and beneficial compounds: caffeic, chlorogenic, ferulic acids that exhibit antioxidant activity.
- The latest researches suggest that moderate coffee consumption protects the liver.
- Coffee lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes and prevents Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Coffee helps fight depression as it stimulates the central nervous system and helps the production of happy hormones, serotonin, and dopamine.
- Research pieces of evidence suggest moderate coffee consumption prevents heart disease and cancer.
There are few things to remember,
- Excessive caffeine can be harmful to health.
- Make sure you dont drink more than 2-3 cups of coffee per day.
- Dont drink your coffee the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Drink a glass of water before your first-morning coffee.
- Consume coffee at least 30 minutes after having your meal.
And once in a while, on a cheat day, you can enjoy this beaten coffee recipe too.
3/4th -Tablespoon of instant coffee.
2 – Tablespoon of brown sugar.
1 & 1/2 – Tablespoon of water.
Beat with a fork until your coffee mixture becomes fluffy and light brown, this may take around five minutes. Add a cup of hot milk, and enjoy.
Happy international coffee day!
You can read my latest posts on popcorns here.
The post is a part of #MyFriendAlexa by Blogchatter
Categories: Food technology